Monday, February 17, 2014

WebQuest Idea

I wanted to make my webquest as fun as my imagination allowed me to. I love learning about Hellen Keller and the hurdles she overcame I also am a lover of American Sign Language. So, for my webquest I want to create a mission for a 5th grade class to learn about these topics in a fun way. I will have an evil villain threaten to rewrite Hellen Keller's history and it is up to the students as time travelers to save her by researching and proving him wrong before he can rewrite it.

The standards I will address will be:


Standard 2, Key Idea 3
Key Idea 3: Study of the major social, political, cultural, and religious developments in world history involves learning about the important roles and contributions of individuals and groups.
Performance Indicators--Students will:
Elementary
understand the roles and contributions of individuals and groups to social, political, economic, cultural, scientific, technological, and religious practices and activities
gather and present information about important developments from world history
understand how the terms social, political, economic, and cultural can be used to describe human activities or practices.

and

Social Studies Standard 1: History of the United States and New York
Students will: use a variety of intellectual skills to demonstrate their understanding of major ideas, eras, themes, developments, and turning points in the history of the United States and New York.

and

Social Studies Standard 2 
World History
Students will: use a variety of intellectual skills to demonstrate their understanding of major ideas, eras, themes, 
developments, and turning points in world history and examine the broad sweep of history from a variety of perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment