Monday, February 10, 2014

Take Away Message

Before my student teaching experience I always had a negative outlook on integrating technology into the classroom to some extent. I still had blackboards in my elementary school classrooms and now I found that they are replaced with smartboards. This is only the second class of course EDU 7266 and my eyes have been opened to so much more that I cannot help but think that the positives now outweigh the negatives in technology integration. The video on edutopia I found extremely inspirational. I remember thinking how I need to learn all these new applications this way I can then pass that knowledge onto my future students as the featured teacher has. The children in the video were so inspired, focused and still interacting with their classmates on a personal level. I found this important because I always would see the use of technology as diminishing personal, face to face communication skills. I also loved how creative the students were getting they seemed so inspired. Today has really opened my eyes to a whole world of opportunity for teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment